01 January 2014

2012 Christmas card printing

Towards the end of 2012 Ben was very busy and didn't have time to come to Oxford to do printing, but having been on maternity leave for over 4 months I wanted a chance to do something else for a few hours so I didn't want to miss a year of Christmas cards.

I won't use the Arab press on my own, so I had to come up with a design that I could print using a hand roller and the proofing press – so it was back to the only wood type we have. But printing by hand meant that I could print off the edges of the card without having to crop the card after printing.

Ben was able to come to Oxford for one day to help print the inside of the card using the Arab.

But printing by hand meant that I couldn't spread the ink very thinly and so there was a lot of ink on each card and it was still tacky when we sent them out, so we had to send them out with an ink warning!

No comments:

Post a Comment